ipsy glam bag October 2015 [Unboxing + sort of review] ...plus a revalation!

3:48 PM


It's  that time of year for all things spooky (spoopy too) and I'm kind of burnt out.  I've been feeling the spooky vibes for months and now that Halloween is looming closer, I'm just kind of not...feeling it? Maybe I haven't had enough orange and black things yet...

Anyway, this month's ipsy bag came my way on October 14th, which was pretty quick! Because of work, I took these two pics, but quickly went to bed.






On a related note, I've thinking of the sheer amount of time it takes for me to capture these photos with my iPad with good lighting (usually, a combination of artificial and natural), edit them, upload to blogger on mobile, resize photos on PC in post and writing the post, that's just too much time.  I end up getting burnt out and overwhelmed by the writing portion or editing photos (despite how much I enjoy doing both), that I just let time get the best of me.

So for any more unboxing posts of sub boxes, I'm just going to make a video and embed it here instead.  It's far more easier to do that, and to talk about the items while still giving a visual element to my readers...

 I already posted this pic below to my Instagram, shh...!!



 I was able to take photos earlier today, and take a closer look at the contents.


 Look, a spooky hand! Who could it be?


eva.nyc therapy session hair mask 20ml

I'm not familiar with the brand at all, but this hair mask smelled divine...like a fresh vanilla or shea butter-y smell.




I definitely want to try this on my hair! It seemed rich but not oily when I tested some on the back of my hand.




the balm Meet Matt(e) Hughes Long-lasting Liquid lipstick

I was kinda surprised at how incredibly tiny this mini sample is, but it's actually great I thought, because what if I don't like it? What if it smells weird..?



But as it turns out, I do like it! And the smell is divine: like those peppermint patties but with a hint of chocolate.

The liquid lipstick swatches pretty well, but also manages to stay on the skin for a long while so the "long-lasting" in the name is pretty true.  I didn't test it on my lips because I'm sick and I don't want to contaminate it...


It's just so...tiny?! Also, I actually really want to buy the full tube...!


peter lamas exfoliating pumpkin facial scrub

It's truly the right season for pumpkin, that's for sure...! I was pretty stoked about the pumpkin part but not much of the "scrub" or "exfoliating" because I suspected there would be microbeads, or something to that effect--for the scrub to be able to claim its exfoliating properties.



I will say, I'm used to foaming cleansers and cleansing oils now, from the wonderful land of AB. My current cleansers are Laneige's Multi Cleanser or the Skinfood Egg White Pore Cleanser, and my cleansing oil is Kose's Softymo Deep cleansing oil.  I feel like a large portion of Korean, even Japanese brands do cleansing far better than any current Western brands will ever do, with more impressive results and less ingredients. For a number of Western products, it's the same scents, formulations, ingredients and no real results but more damage is done to the skin.  There's no innovation.

So when I saw the pumpkin scrub on my hand, I wasn't all surprised. While it was runny and slightly oily based, it felt too thin to be an exfoliating scrub unless it had some foaming properties, but I wasn't expecting much on that. My money was on the smell....

As seen below, the scrub doesn't foam and when mixed with the slightest bit of water, it doesn't emulsify  (turn into a milky, white liquid) either but just dripped off my hand.


 I tested the scrub again, but put some on the lower half of my face and pretended it was a cleanser by gently moving my fingertips in circles on my cheeks and chin.  No, no....!! I could feel the small bead-like specks glide over my skin, and taking the moisture in my skin with it! :( After I dried my face, my chin and jawline were overly tight. I packed on some Hada Labo Gokujun lotion quickly to salvage my skin quickly.

The smell isn't very pumpkin scented at all, but smells more like vanilla frosting, with the faintest touch of a chemical cleaner...? The more chemical scent is brought forward as you use the product....



emite makeup tweezers


Honestly, while tweezers are helpful once in a while, recieveing this was a 100% disappointment.
 I don't need another pair of tweezers?!





it cosmetics hello lashes mascara

Ah, now, this is more of an excitement! (plus the appearance of a spooky friend!)

I"m actually actually using this mascara that I got from ULTA, and I love it wearing it...when I"m not sick, of course!



That's all, folks!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors