[Review] Sheet Mask Shenanigans: Tony Moly I'm Real Pumpkin Mask Sheet Anti-Aging vs. Mediheal Pumpkin Ade Sheet Mask [Comparison]

11:26 PM

Hello, all!! I thought I'd write up a comparison review of two masks that share a common themed ingredient: pumpkin.  I'll be comparing the new Tony Moly I'm Real sheet mask, in Pumpkin (Anti-Aging), to Mediheal's Pumpkin Ade Sheet Mask, and to contrast their differences.









 

The deets: my skin right now it a little funky: I've been so Tired and busy. Also it's been going back and forth in between the mid-70's to the 90's on the weekend, during the day, but in the mid-50's at night--my face is dried out!!! I also got kind of sunburst from the sunlight coming in above, when I was at the hair salon yesterday, so my face is red.

After seeing some buzz on Instagram, I ventured to my nearest ULTA (which does NOT and will NOT get a Skinfood display at this time....so I can't enter the giveaway on IG....) a couple of days ago and there was one of Tony Moly's I'm Real Pumpkin Mask Sheet left!! Even though I had read that it doesn't smell like pumpkin, I was curious and had to try it out at least once.

My mini-haul from ULTA, that day:










tony moly i'm real pumpkin mask sheet anti-aging



The main ingredient (as its marketed) is pumpkin extract, for its anti-aging properties. I was expecting this mask to appear in about a month or two's time, more closer to Halloween.  I am kind of glad it didn't, so it wouldn't have the garish packaging that a lot of Halloween repackaged products often carry around this time of year.

The mask packet recommends the mask to stay on the face for 20~30 min. I left it on for about 15 min as it was starting to dry in the middle of the mask.


ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Methylpropanediol, Glycereth-26, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Panthenol,Bis-Ethoxydiglycol Succinate, Allantion, Hydroxyethylcellulosi, Caprylyl Clycol, Cucubita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Pyriolia (Pear) Fruit Extract, Cucumis Salivus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Phaseolus Radistus Seed Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Llicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tromethamine, 1,2 - Hexanediol, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance




main thoughts
  • thin cotton mask, tears easily
  • smells like the spice part of "pumpkin spice" but more vanilla-y
  • enough essence to cover the mask, but not dripping
  • doesn't dry out too fast per se
  • when the mask dries out, is uneven and patchy
  • cheeks felt hotter while wearing mask
  • face felt soft but sticky afterwards
  • price was annoyingly steep @ 3 something per mask, after coupon  
  • a bit of a disappointment tbh

 The fit was a little wonky, but I don't mind because my white ass face isn't the target market:


availability

The availability of this particular mask flavour, not the other I'm Real masks, is very limited. It currently is only at ULTA, instores and online as an exclusive, for USD$3.75ea.


 2.5/5



mediheal pumpkin ade sheet mask


I previously did a mini review a good while ago of this mask, and I'm here to tell you yet again: what a disappointment!

At the time, I had ordered from TesterKorea and paid around....1,500 to 2,000 won ea., but they are still currently sold out in box form and individually.



ingredients

Water, butylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycereth-26, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin) fruit extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, hydrolyzed elastin, rosa centifolia flower water, sodium hyaluronate, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, betaine, triethanolamine, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, carbomer, allantoin, chondrus crispus (carrageenan), tocopheryl acetate, disodium EDTA, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance






 
thoughts
  • textured cotton, slightly thicker
  • smells more nutty but ever so slightly floral?
  • getting those fall vibes...of dirt and...legumes...in the ground....
  • really smells nasty tbh
  • is well within expiration date though (2018 something)
  • enough essence to cover the mask with some extra, not dripping tho
  • surprisingly kind of hydrating 

The fit of this mask works better on wider or rounder faces. Score!


availability

koreadepeart - USD$3.75 for 5pcs
testerkorea -  5pc box (currently sold out)
imomoko - $1.50 ea.
miss tutii - $2 ea.
beautique - $1.99 (no longer sold here)

3/5 only for the hydration.


The two masks, while with similar ingredients and key extracts, had very different results. The Mediheal mask smelled mildly unpleasant but offered better hydration and  less stickiness afterwards while the TonyMoly mask was surprisingly the opposite.

The TonyMoly mask however, is easier to find but is at a slightly higher price point than the Mediheal, which in the Pumpkin flavour, is seemingly now hard to find.

Would I repurchase? Likely, no--primarily for the lack of availability for both masks. For ULTA, my local store sucks ass and I despise their lack of stock sometimes (I'm so salty over no Skinfood yet...that manager was SO RUDE!) and their pricing irks me.  And for the Mediheal mask, it seems that the other flavours in the "Ade" line are more popular, but the best site to get them is still going to be TesterKorea, hands down.

See you!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Wow, that is cool. I really like you explanation here. Your content is really informative and interesting when i read this. I am glad to see your post here. Thank you so much for sharing. cocoonmedicalspa.com

    ReplyDelete

Contributors