REVIEW: A'pieu Air Fit Cushion Bboyan - No.13 Apricot (FIRST IMPRESSIONS + SWATCHES & DEMO)

12:00 AM

Hello! I previously did a very in-depth review of A'pieu's Air Fit Cushion, in the Pposong type. I enjoyed the cushion for the most part but wanted to try the Bboyan version at least once, just to see how the finish would be for my pale skin, and how the two may contrast. I also ended up filming a concept video, just for giggles (link is further in the post).








There's a couple sets of photos that I've taken: initial unboxing, many selfies during some testing periods and also some featuring apricots, for the video I recently made, posted on my IG. You'll get it all!!!

I chose to include apricots in the background because the cushion is in the shade "Apricot".

[forced laughter]


I also made a short video, posted on my Instagram (it looks best when viewed on mobile because of IG's poor video compression....??):

【映画】 i wanted to do a video on this for a while so here we are!! #notsponsored but hmu apieu lol . @apieu_cosmetics air fit cushion bboyan no 13 apricot (hence the apricots lol) is a warmer pink toned beige...suitable for paler skin tones! . the cushion is incredibly dewy and across about a month of use, I've found that using a powder is Not a good Idea but using a light dewy setting spray underneath and a light spray on top, instead 👌🏼✨✨ . lasting power is so-so but the affordability is 👌🏼👌🏼 im working on a blog post so keep a look out for it later tonight or tomorrow!! . music is zion.t - yanghwa bridge instrumental . edited & filmed by me . #rasianbeauty #abcommunity #kbeauty #koreanmakeup #bblogger #beautyblog #instabeauty #makeup #cosmetics #apieu #cushion #化粧品 #コスメ #ファンデーション #어퓨 #화장품 #쿠션 #파운데이션 #메이크 #메이크업
A post shared by 〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 (@spacedump) on


(thank you guys, for all those views!!!!)


At the end of April, I purchased this cushion through the same seller as before: bringbringshop. Bring bring me the K-Beauty! At the time, I paid USD$10.34 for the cushion (it's on sale for $9 something right now) but the refill tends to go for around $4 or $5.

The item arrived about a week later, wrapped in bubble wrap and packaged in a small, cardboard box.

The following photos are the initial pictures I took, right at I opened the cushion--fresh from the box. I will let the photos speak for themselves.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a'pieu air fit cushion bboyang no. 13 apricot













A paper swatch, for a truer colour swatch reference:



The good ol' hand swatches:




One layer (left) and blended out (right):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T E S T I N G  D A Y   O N E

My bare face, no makeup but plenty of rosacea:


I dipped the cushion puff once and the result is rather nice! The cushion provides noticeable, significant coverage over my rosacea, and is an even match to my complexion.

Full face! The final look ends up having a subtle, dewy glow--you won't need a highlighter. There was some immediately settling into my fine lines, including the strong crease in my eye lids, so I blended that out, patting it in gently with a Q-tip.

To make this beautiful look more...long wearing (so I could go to work after this), I spritzed a face mist (Tony Moly's Pocket Bunny Mist in Moist) on my face and prepared my sorry for a long, sweaty day at work. Later, my face was still look good, but there was signs of wear and settling into my smile lines.


The before and after, for a more Dramatic view:

















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 T E S T I N G  D A Y   T W O

While I did test this for a solid week, I didn't take a consistant string of photos. I did however wear the Bboyan cushion in this selfie:





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T E S T I N G  D A Y   T H R E E

This set of photos is after some time has passed while using the A'pieu Air Fit Bboyan cushion regularly, near daily. In that time, I dyed my hair purple!!!

Bare face:









There was some serious harsh creasing on my eyelids...but Dat Glow:



Later on in the day, approx. a good five hours later (while at work).  Not bad for sweating a lot, on a hot day! The coverage of this cushion is still strong and helped to major conceal my redness.

I have a strong line extending from the inner corner of my eye, outward--foundations and concealers always crease here, no matter the product type or application method. I usually pat a bit of setting powder there to alleviate that, and as long as I don't apply too muh powder, I can also avoid looking cake-y.




T H E   V E R D I C T

In comparison to the Pposong version of the Air Fit cushion, the Bboyan in offers a slightly dewier finish (not oddly matte!!!), and in shade Apricot, is a far closer match to my skin tone and shade.  Is it the best cushion? No, but it is affordable ad offers the kind of coverage that I don't find in other cushions (so far that I've tried) that tend to have a sheer coverage.

I will be short: I would repurchase time and time again, for as long as A'pieu makes this specific cushion.

Thanks for reading, and good night!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors