What I Bought (And Didn't Buy) At The Sephora VIB Sale, Why (Why Not)

10:46 PM

During the recent Sephora VIB Sale, earlier last month, I deeply considered splurging about $200 bucks, but instantly thought of how much road shop brand of Korean (Japanese, too) makeup and skincare that I could buy instead. I very quickly talked myself out of several, several product, in the long run, even doing on research and also by swatching in store, at my local Sephora Inside JCP.



I'm going to keep this short but basically, I bought one thing.  Initially, I wanted to avoid in store shenanigans by thinking to order online. Also, I wanted to avoid any chance of me overspending, buying things I didn't really need or want, through ordering online on Sephora.com.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what i considered

Initially, this was going to be my online order, but I talked myself out of all of it. I even switched out some items, a good six or seven times. I really couldn't pinpoint exactly what I wanted so I stepped away and came back to it, a couple hours later.


(thought process: if I wanted the dewy mist, I'd want to try other Tatcha items, so I'd try to hold out for a set. Laneige is pricey and definitely a little more expensive at Sephora--I miss them being at Target, but I get it, it's to maintain their "image". I want to try the Son & Park Beauty Water again and remind myself of the smell; the last time I tested it in a local stand-alone Sephora, I really disliked the scent at first sniff...! Buying just cotton squares....would be sad...! And for makeup, I'm set, so nothing majorly appealed to me, makeup-wise.)

Back to square one.

I then thought: what about this cute Too Faced palette?! Good thing that I passed up on it: it's TINY! The eyeshadow pans are no bigger than my fingernails! I saw it in person and it's a bit smaller than the size of UD Naked Basics. Money well saved...?


On November 10th, I decided to go to my local store. After looking around for a while and almost considering repurchasing Dr Jart+ Ceramidan Liquid (if only it had better expriation dates.............................................), I was struggling. At the time, the Tatcha Bestsellers Set was out of stock online (it still is!), I was humming and ha-ing over what to buy--I had decided to buy at least one thing! I didn't want it to be overly expensive either because also...bills, but I had other Christmas shopping to consider, too.

I decided to go swatch the Tatcha Dewy Mist again and also eyed belif; I asked one of the associates if there were any Tatcha sets around just out of curiosity and she directed me to the LAST ONE of this coveted Tatcha Bestsellers Set--the one that was sold out online!!!!!!! I settled.

As I posted on my Instagram, this set include four (4) items:
💧 pure one step camellia cleansing oil
💧 polished classic rice enzyme powder
💧 luminous dewy skin mist
💧 the water cream

I also redeemed a mini size of the water cream with some of my points.


so i i only bought one thing during the @sephora vib sale!! i'm so proud of myself!! (it's really so i can order some stuff off ebay lol) . i had been eyeing the @tatcha bestsellers set for a little while! i had been curious about the dewy mist thanks to seeing it @dorkyfication & many others' feeds, i kinda finally wanted to try it out!! . after testing it in my local sephora inside jcp a couple of times, i fell in love!! slight fomo too lol 😂 . sadly this set was out of stock online (it still is!) so when i went in store on the 10th and happened to ask if there were any #tatcha sets around, the girl there directed me to the LAST ONE of this coveted set!!! . i'm saving this for christmas but basically, i'm pretty excited!! yes, i will make a concept video with the water cream~~~ . . 💧 pure one step camellia cleansing oil . 💧 polished classic rice enzyme powder . 💧 luminous dewy skin mist . 💧 the water cream i also redeemed a mini size of the water cream for 100 of my BI points~! . . . . . . . #rasianbeauty #abcommunity #cosmetics #skincare #haul #skincareaddict #skincarejunkie #sephoravib2017 #skincare #bblogger #flatlay #colourful #instabeauty #under5k #購入品 #スキンケア #化粧品 #데일리 #스킨케어 #화장품 #촉촉
A post shared by jess 🍑🍇🍓🍒 (@spacedump) on



While my haul is 10000% less impressive, I'm really excited for what I bought, and I'm saving it for Christmas!

What did you all buy? Let me know in the comments, my dudes!

Thanks for reading, and good night!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors