A "Work Has Sucked The Soul Out Of Me So I'm Always Mentally and Emotionally Drained" Skincare Routine

1:11 PM

Hello all! It's been a hot minute. As the title reads, work literally sucks the soul out of me so I am generally in a state of physical, mental and emotional depletion (including creative energy). Usually I'm just so...exhausted....and it takes a lot of willpower to stay alive.


While I'm employed and y'know, gettin' that coin, I know my value and the worth of my skill set--I've always been seeking other work outside of retail but nothing has ever eventuated. I want future employers to see this; I know the pool of applicants are just too vast, but something has to give! I know I should be making more per hour; I have bills and I want to do things in my life (that require money). This is what also wears me out, because I feel stuck, lost, and underappreciated.
Here is my short skincare routine, one that I actually push myself to do everyday, no matter. Because I'm usually so tired (sad), it is rather short.



First, I usually try to remove my makeup, no matter how I tired I am. Sometimes, I'm bad and just use a makeup wipe. The ones from the e.l.f. active line (not pictured) are ok--I bought them on a whim but I wouldn't RP, as the wipes contain alcohol (a no go for my dry skin) and the line seems to be limited/non-permanent.  Otherwise, if I've worn makeup, I will use a cleansing oil/milk and a cleanser (I literally force myself to do this). I rotate between Kose's Softymo, for when I wear waterproof mascara and Cow Brand Gyunyu Non Additive Mutenka Cleansing Milk, for all other times. I really enjoy the milky texture of the Cow Brand cleansing milk--it's also nice to use as a standalone cleanser for the AM.

For second cleansers and for whenever I haven't worn makeup, I usually opt for a foaming low pH cleanser, such as Cow Brand Gyunyu Non Additive Mutenka Foaming Cleanser. This is my go-to product because its low pH, contains no parabens, no added colours, no mineral oil or alcohol, etc and is very affordable on Amazon.



Usually, next is some kind of a hydrating toner, and a few layers of it. Granted, I sometimes don't even have the energy to do this! So instead, I grab Sana's Hadaomy Deep Collagen Mist. I use this step in place of taking the time and energy to slap on a moisturizer or even Gokujun Lotion--something I do if it's been a good day and I feel inclined to do so (or on my days off, in all honesty). I'm just so tired and retail is honestly killing me.



Since the PNW winter has been slaughtering my skin moisture barrier (no joke!), I usually (try to) put something on my lips. Pure Smile, affordable and cute as they are, makes a nice lip sleeping pack that smells like vanilla and keeps my lips from chapping like crazy overnight.



If I have enough energy, I will sheet mask and collapse in bed. My favourite mask brands are usually Tony Moly I'm Real, Pure Smile, MBD and My Scheming.

This is my favourite Tony Moly I'm Real Mask is definitely the Makgeolli type. I always wake up with nicely hydrated skin, and I've definitely RP'd now a good ten times.


Good night, and thanks for reading!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors