Life Update, Plus A Routine For When You Feel Like Shit

6:58 PM

Hello all! I’m too tired to sit at my table or the couch or even sitting up in bed so......this post is coming via voice to text while lying in bed lol 😂 Back in December at work, under so much stress when performing my job duties, I hurt my foot. I don’t know exactly how both through under-staffing, neglect and stress, I walked on it weird or when moving around all day.


Long story short, it's been awful. Rough, even. The days I called out, I'd lay in bed and sleep and day, and feel no better the next. I was able to get to the doctor through occupational medicine where she said it was plantar fasciitis as well as some serious inflammation. My foot now often swells around the ankle with the pain and now I’ve developed the same excruciating pain in my other foot. I joke that I live in “hobbleton” and then I’m ready for a walker with a tennis balls on the bottom.

Thankfully, I was able to work on light duty for a bit; it took time for the pain to subside. For the first couple days, it was excruciating. January was a bit better. Per doctors orders, I worked on a modified duty where I would do my regular job in the morning until lunch and after lunch, worked a light duty—very fun! My boss could see that I was actually hurting; his behaviour changed once he learned that I have plantar fasciitis (something that he suffers with too), but I was making do, despite pain. For reference (prior to this shenanigans), I walk around 15k to 19k steps, while in the building, at work. There were a few days I did 20 and 22k, while it rained hard, walking in between our work area and the back room, and outside. 

Some time has passed; yesterday was my first day back performing my full job duties. The doctor wants to see how I do or the next two weeks and go from there. Honestly, I feel like I’ve went back prematurely because this is bad (worse). My achilles is aching now, especially after I sit down and relax, and the moment I stand from a sitting position, it stings!

Now on the last day of February as I sit in bed and darkness talking to my phone I stretch them after a long hot shower I feel the pain right now cry doesn’t hurt so much because I’m beginning to relax. Today I did over 18k steps, Yesterday was some 16k steps.


THE  POINT  OF  THIS  POST :


This post for a skin care routine for when you feel like utter shit.


products mentioned:

  • shiseido cotton squares
  • tony moly peach cleansing water
  • frudia hydrating blueberry toner
  • hada labo gokujun lotion
  • a'pieu madecassoside cream
  • atopalm intense moisturizer *
  • kose babyish mask pack




First cleanse your face. I KNOW ITS HARD BUT DO IT! You’ll be sad when you break out because you’re too tired to wash your face.

I’ve been using the Shiseido Cotton Squares (currently my last bag) with Tony Moly's Peach Cleansing Water because since I wake to get ready for work early, I'm reaching for products in semi-darkness, so I need easy-to--use products. I splash some of the cleansing water on a cotton square and gently swipe with a cotton square and call it good.

 

Next is some kind of toner. While I have like twenty open, I currently bounce between Frudia's Hydrating Blueberry Toner or the good ol' classic Hada Labo Gokujun Lotion. I do have Skin food's Lettuce Toner in my rotation but I’m trying to save her because in the future of skin food is kind of dubious right now so I don’t wanna run out yet 😆
 
Anyway, I slap either one of these (sometimes both) on my face and move on to a thic(c)ker product, like a cream or serum--if I had the energy!

Speaking of energy: this is kind of extra for me right now because I barely have enough energy but I try to apply some kind of moisturizer. My dry skin gets extra dry if I skip this step, which I admit, I do more than I want to admit--sleeping is my hobby.  At night, I’ve really been digging A'pieu Madecassoside Cream which does wonders for my redness and leaves my face soft.


Throughout February, we got some serious snow in my town--we get a bad snow storm once every three or four years, at best. With this cold winter, I've been enjoying an extra layer of Goodness. Achieving that good good has been helped by Atopalm Concentrated Intensive Cream* (received by 0.8L for previous review purposes), used in the AM and sometimes in the PM. She thicc, but good, especially for colder climates.

While I have a drawer full of sheet masks I don’t always reach for them; I feel this unspoken incessant need to review every single one but I don’t have energy lol 😆 Regardless, as I write this tonight, here is the mask pack I have open and plan to use now, right this moment:



Currently open is a Kose Babyish mask pack--basic, affordable, wearable and not too drippy! She's even expertly folded, like that is some nice ass folding!! I opened this the other night and ended up falling asleep on the couch for about 2 1/2 hours. She did me well: my skin was SOFT and not sticky—I felt good. So good that I promptly got into my actual bed and slept for another almost 3 hours (this foot pain is really taking a toll on me).

Anyway, hope this routine and mood resonated with you all.

Thanks for reading, and have a good night!! It's sleepy time~~~

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I don't even do skin care but this post was such a mood read, thanks.
    Hope u have less days of feeling like utter shit in the future love xx

    ReplyDelete

Contributors