Sheet Mask Shenanigans: Hey! Pinkgo Girl Brightening White Yogurt Lifting Lace Mask // Hey!蘋果肌女孩優格珍珠透白蕾絲拉提面膜

3:41 PM

Today, I'm doing a review of the Hey! Pinkgo Girl Brightening White Yogurt Lifting Lace Mask // Hey!蘋果肌女孩優格珍珠透白蕾絲拉提面膜 (wow what a mouthful!!) and I've got to say, wow! This wonderful mask was included in a box of goodies I won and gosh, I'm still so happy! This is probably a milestone in my sheet masking adventures: my first lace mask, and my first foray into Hey! Pinkgo Girl's sheet masks.


After taking of some photos opening the packet, I noticed the pleasant scent and the thick but pretty LACE! The mask was a little heavier than expected because of the lace and not the usual thin, cotton-type of material that masks usually are of., but add in some essence and this unusual type of sheet mask is a hit. I'm a fan and I'm only about to put this on my face!




I just can't get over how cool this sheet mask is!!! (Ignore my chipped nail polish below...I never have time to paint them before work, and now the weather is crappy so they won't dry properly in time...) From reading online, I had a pretty good idea beforehand of what to expect and also, how to put this on. There's an extra flap extending from the chin area that covers the decolletage, as well as ear holes to help the mask stay on the face. The ear holes seemed a little silly and also very extra, but after seeing the mask in person, I saw how innovative it was.


I unfolded the mask and basically slapped it on my face. After pulling my ears through the ear holes, I tucked the end pieces of extra chin flap into the ear holes on either side, so the chin flap would stay in place. It did unravel once or twice, but it was a smart idea.

The fit of the mask was pretty ok---mostly, but I take the fit of masks with a grain of salt. I'm not Asian or of Asian descent, so my face isn't quite the right shape for most AB sheet masks. Seeing people complain online about poor fit of masks is sometimes a little strange, too....like how are you expecting a Korean/Japanese/Taiwanese/Chinese brand to fit your non-Asian face perfectly when the brand(s) will primarily cater to its native customers and ones of neighbouring countries first, even if the brand is popular/there is demand elsewhere in the world...????

It's a-ok though: as long as my face soaks up the essence from the mask and the mask doesn't fall off, I'm down for anything and 100% could care less about proper fit. Now, if the mask rubs against my eyes and some essence get into my eyes, I might get annoyed but that's on me for having long lashes--and trying to watch Netflix in bed with a sheet mask on my face (and putting my neck out of places because I've fallen down into my pillows...!)

What was surprisingly cool about this mask was despite the lace, it stretches!!! So if you happen to have a wider and/or longer face, you're in luck, cool kids! The packaging is so cute too, with very cute illustrations printed on the outside of the sheet mask packet. According to photos on Google, the boxes are also cute!!!

In terms of scent, I can't quite pinpoint it without looking at the illustrations on the back of the packet. My Taiwanese/Traditional Chinese is a little shoddy--BUT my Japanese skills, particularly kanji is great so I picked out the Japanese meanings of the ingredients on the back to compensate my lack of skills. (It kind of works in a pinch; it'll give you a very basic idea of the text but the meaning will often be different on a few kanji or have a more complicated kanji versions that are outdated in Japanese.) At least, it'll help you Google the actual kanji!

According to the back of the packet, the active ingredients:


ENG // Traditional Chinese → JP
  • yogurt // 優格 → ヨーグルト
  • arbutin // 熊果素 → アルブチン
  • aloe vera leaf extract // 蘆薈萃取液 → アロエベラ葉エキス
  • hyaluronic acid // 玻尿酸 → ヒアルロン酸
  • morus nigra (black mulberry) leaf extract // 黑桑葚葉萃取液 → マルベリー
  • black pearl // 黑珍诛 → 黒蝶貝

I had so much fun using my hella dank kanji skills (up until the formatting issues with Blogger--I hadn't basically rewrite this whole post) !!!!


And the list of ingredients, in English:


Water, Tremella Fuciformis Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Algin, PEG-7, Glyceryl Cocoate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-8 Isostearate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Angelice, Black Pearl, Archangelica Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Arbutin, Moruc Nigra Leaf Extract, Yogurt, Cucumber Extract.

(what kind of yogurt, though???)

I put this on about 45mins before going to work, because my skin needed a pick-me-up and I figured after two days off, it would be stressful--boy, was I right! I took it off just before I left for work, and my skin was so soft. I didn't apply any makeup or anything additional, but later at work, I did spritz a mist to my face. My skin stayed soft and I did notice that despite my redness, the masks helped to brighten and to add moisture to my skin.

Here's my face with the mask on:


The verdict: I'm a fan and I want to keep trying Hey! Pinkgo Girl masks out. I need more!!

I'm in WA, USA, so my best bet for these right now is an online seller. Amazon seems to be one of the few options as of now for Hey! Pinkgo Girl sheet masks without running around to an Asian supermarket closer to Seattle or Tacoma, and hoping they stock more than MBD masks (I love MBD but I want more variety!!!) Currently, Amazon sells an assortment of 8 masks, four lace masks and four regular "thin" masks, for for USD$17.30 + free shipping. The prices have varied of a few dollars lower and higher than ~$17 while I've kept this in my wishlist, and I do check on it from time to time. You can also buy a box of 5 masks from the same seller, that are currently on sale for USD$12.68.

Now I really want to try the other types, very soon! Thank you,Vanna, for the fun sheet mask adventure! Time to get to some other stuff on today's to-do list, byebye!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ahhh I'm so glad you enjoyed the yogurt mask, that one is one of my favorites! I've purchased Hey! Pinkgo Girl masks from that seller on Amazon multiple times, so rest assured they are same to buy from!!

    Can't wait to read more reviews! How are you liking the COSRX sleeping packs??

    ReplyDelete

Contributors