Blogger is the website eqivelant of mismatched socks + I burnt my pasta...

3:55 PM

First, I want to be frank. Writing the final bits of the previous post this afternoon REALLY made me want to punch something--I'm not an angry person but good GOD! Blogger has REALLY pissed me off.

I complained on my twitter, but why is this extra HTML necessary?? How did this even come about?


 How????????????




When I cleared formatting of my previous post in blogger, and then in a new, blank post, half my post was copied to the beginning of the post. When I copied the text --sans photos--into Word, cleared formatting and copied back to Blogger, Word added in additional tags to my post which made the text move when I hovered my cursor over it (not in any other post). It started to hurt my eyes as I couldn't focus.

Dear Blogger, straighten your shit out and when users click to clear the formatting, IT SHOULD CLEAR FORMATTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also when draft posts saves, ACTUALLY SAVE IT DAMMIT!!! And stop adding additional layers of "div" classes in every section--I'm talking like 40 layers of "div" for a tiny section of text. I cleared the formatting and now it moved everywhere.

I cried because I was so frustrated. I took a moment and in Blogger's (shitty) HTML mode, removed every single extra tag.  Every < div > my eyes laid on. I saved a few times, refreshed and reopened.

There is a god! Just for today.....

Nope, because in all of this, I had my pasta on the stove.  I was too focused on fixing this post (so I could post and link to it on Instagram) that I burnt my pasta. Yes, you read that right.  It's so far gone that the bottom layer of it has congealed to the pan--I hadn't.  Hello, baking soda....you are my new friend this afternoon.

Please Blogger-senpai, don't test my patience.

PS: get better support for non-English languages aka don't list off every font inside a div tag, thank.  This was likely part of the problem. I shouldn't have to rewrite my entire post because I wanted to start writing my post in another language, too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors