Review: Dr Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-foam Clay (Pink)

12:13 PM

Hello, guys! As always, work has been super busy for me as of late! I've been relaxing and rewatching both seasons of Chihayafuru over the past few days. It makes karuta looks interesting but I really don't think I'd have the stamina to play matches--it looks  like so much fun, though. The anime is really well done but I'm still hoping for a third season...I want to see what happens!!

I thought I'd whip up a quick review of the Dr Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-foam Clay as I'm almost at the end of my tube and well...it's now or never.


I had picked up a tube for from Sephora, in an online haul a good few months ago, around when I made VIB status (so it's been a little while, ahaha!!).  At the time, I paid USD$15 for a 50ml / 1.7 fl. oz. tube and I chose the "moisturizing pink" version as it seemed like the best choice for my thirsty af skin.

I thought the idea of a clay mask that becomes a foam when mixed with water was pretty cool and was curious about the performance.






ingredients (transcribed from back of box)

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Kaolin, Glycerin, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Chlorphenesin, Polyquaternium-7, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cellulose Gum, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Arachidic Acid, Lauric acid, Myristic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Disodium EDTA, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Boswellia Carterii Oil, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Decyl Glucoside, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract. 

On the back of the box, Dr+Jart states that the clay mask is an "innovative, multi-action" product that [is applied like a clay mask but transforms into a gentle foaming mask cleanser. The mineral rich pink French clay mask absorbs oil and purifies your skin with moist feeling. When splashed with water, the clay lathers to a gentle foaming cleanser that brighten[s], tone[s], and remove[s] dead skin cells for fresh and healthy looking skin."

 Dr Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-foam Clay comes in a few varieties, sold individually and as a set of three:
☆ moisturizing pink (dry, dehydrated skin)
水分ケア
☆ refreshing green (sebum control)
白 皮ケア
☆ calming white (sensitive skin)
 緑



Each clay mask contains French Pink kaolin for moisture, mineral water to purify and flower extracts for toning and hydrating, as key ingredients.











It's very simple to use, too. Basically, just squeeze out the amount of want to use and with your fingers, spread the clay on to your (dry) face . I typically try to avoid the eye area and my forehead (to avoid it drying out too much from over exfoliation, then getting oily and making my bangs oily....) but I do apply (messily) over on my nose.












The pink clay looks more white on my red face.
 
After letting the clay mask dry on my face for ~5mins (I let it dry for no more than 10 mins), it's time to wash it off! I find it best to remove in the shower, with lukewarm water or at the bathroom sink.

The key thing about the Dermaclear Trans-foam Clay is that the exact moment that you add water, the clay mixture starts to thin and slightly emulsify--it begins foaming too, like a regular cleanser.  You then slowly massage your face as you mix more water in, while you're removing it.

foam~ ↓↓









Look at all this foam!!



My bare face, after washing off all of the clay mask!Boo to my redness, though....
(I need to pluck my eyebrows, too...shh..........)


Straight after washing my face, I did see a difference in my skin. My cheeks weren't as red (maybe a slight brightening effect?) and my face was pretty soft--not squeaky clean at all.

Dr Jart+ does claim that the Dermaclear Trans-foam Clay can also be used as a makeup remover. So far that I've found, I can fairly easily remove most makeup, except waterproof mascara (Kose's softymo does a solid job for that). The transforming concept (borderline AIO) concept is pretty cool and you have no worries about washing clay down the drain, unlike that Egyptian clay mask that you  have to use a certain spoon to even use it safely.

I will say: this clay mask is nice, but please don't overuse this product. Don't make it a daily habit in your routine--just remember the ingredients and that it's a regular clay mask that you'd only use one or twice a week, at most, otherwise your skin will get dry. Also, don't forget to slap on a serum or sheet mask soon afterwards and moisturize with hydrating layers (basically continue your routine).

If you're down for slightly gimmick-y products, or enjoy a new experience with your products, this might be a sign to try out this clay mask, in which ever type suits your skin.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors