Sheet Mask Shenanigans: Pure Smile Peach Miilk Essence Mask vs.Tony Moly I'm Real Peach Vitalizing Mask Sheet

12:58 AM

Hello all!

I posted a quick comparison review on my Instagram on both of these masks, so here's a longer, more in-depth chuck of text. I wanted to compare how peachy Pure Smile's mask was to the newly released Tony Moly mask, and be aware of any differences--just for fun.



🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑


【한국어 ・ 日本語 ・ eng 】 🍑🍑 p e a c h y k e e n 🍑🍑 . . pure smile peach milk essence mask 🍑 clear milky essence 🍑 smells sweet like peaches 🍑 pretty moisturizing & brightening to skin . ピュアスマイル ピーチミルク エッセンスマスク 🍑 透明なミルキーなエッセンスのタイプ 🍑 キャンデイーのように甘くももの香り 🍑 けっこう潤くて肌のくすみの明るさアップ↑↑ . . #tonymoly i'm real vitalizing mask sheet 🍑 clear runny essence, slightly sticky 🍑 artificial peach scented, sweet like candy but a little perfumed 🍑 mask seemed stiffer than expected 🍑 fairly hydrating but also just sticky . . long story short both mask were a positive but two very difference experiences!! . . . @tonymoly.official @tonymoly.us_official @puresmile_cosme . . . . #rasianbeauty #abcommunity #kbeauty #koreanskincare #jbeauty #japaneseskincare #skincare #bblogger #beautyblog #instabeauty #skincareaddict q#skincarejunkie #beauty sheetmask #スキンケア #스킨케어 #화장품 #j #토니모리 #마스크팩 #마스크 #1일1팩 #팩
A post shared by 〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰 (@spacedump) on


🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑
pure smile peach milk essence mask mk07 ||ピュア スマイル ピーチミルク エッセンス マスク











ingredients

Water, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Allatoin, Glycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Portulaca Aleracea Extract, Erythritol, Natto Gum, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Prunus Persica (Peach) Leaf Extract, Milk Protein Extract, Elastin, Ceramide 3, Lactoferrin, Psidium Guajava Leaf Extract, Royal Jelly Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, PEG-14m, PEG/PPG-17/6 Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arbutin, Fragrance

Pure Smile's Peach Milk Essence Mask contains some goodies (Vit E, collagen, hyaluronic acid, arbutin), according to the front of the packet. It promises to give moisturized and moistened "mochi" skin, with ease.

Opening the packet reveals a thin cotton-type mask that is cool to the touch. Immediately, the scent warms up to you, but doesn't really linger. It's noticeably sweet, pleasant but leaning towards to more....."chemical" side to a sweet scent--it reminds of me those gummy peach hearts.



🍑 clear milky essence
🍑 smells sweet like peaches
🍑 pretty moisturizing & brightening to skin



I actually used the Peach Milk Essence Mask second for this review, but decided to write about it first. After washing my face, I applied a thin layer of Kikumasamune lotion (regular) and patted it into my face. Next, I gently spread the mask over my face and smoothed out the edges. I noticed the fit was surprisingly, well...... good......!

Usually, the fit of most sheet masks do not bother me because I'm not the target market--I'm white and my facial structure is a bit different, so of course it won't fit me properly 90% of the time. Ya girl is just out here for a Good Time........and...............extra essence!!!!

The mask had extra flaps for the eyes:

I left the mask on for about 20 mins, before getting ready to sleep (the shock!!!! the horror!!). I felt my skin look visibility moisturized and even soothed, after a long day at work. My cheeks felt cool, but soft to the touch.



where to buy
rakuten global - 0.96 ea.
rakuten - 94 yen + shipping
uwajimaya -  $1.50 ea.
yamibuy - $1.50 ea.
pretty & cute - $1.50 ea.
amazon - $3.99 ea.

ebay - $26.99, set of 10


🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tony moly i'm real peach vitalizing mask sheet || 토니모리 아임리얼 마스크팩

I actually bought this mask because I wanted to try one of the newer I'm Real mask releases that have been popping up, stateside (not sure if these are just being manufactured and released by Tony Moly US or are they available in South Korea, too; my guess is that it's the former).

By sheer luck, I happened to find a single mask of the peach type at my local ULTA store for $3.75., so I decided to purchase solely to review it!


ingredients:

water, glycerin, methylpropanediol, glycereth-26 peg/ppg-17/6 copolymer, prunus persica (peach) fruit extract, beta-glucan, sodium hyaluronate, hydrolyzed collagen, allantoin, panthenol, carbomer, tromethamine peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxyacetophenone, chlorphenesin, disodium edta, fragrance.


I like peaches and peach scented things. This mask's scent lived up to my expectations: the scent was sweet like candy, but also more on the artificial side. I was hoping for a more fresh, juicy peach scent (not like candy), but like fruit

The clear, runny, peach-scented essence was surprisingly sticky on my hands as I slid the mask out from the packet. I will say, the cotton mask unfolded and felt stiff to the touch, noticeably much stiffer than other masks in the I'm Real sheet mask line. It felt like wet gauze, not like an amply soaked sheet mask.

I left the mask on my face for about 15 mins and while my skin did seem hydrated, it felt sticky to the touch as if the essence hadn't fully penetrated my skin, and was just sitting on top of the skin surface.
This doesn't quite happen with other I'm Real masks; the Makgeolli is a sure treat and leaves my face very soft, with a glow to the skin and the Rice type brightens my complexion--neither are comparably this sticky!

A good mask fit!

Once the 15 mins were up, I did feel some hydration to my skin but the stickiness remained. Boo!

All I can say is that this mask under performed and certainly isn't the best representation of the Tony Moly I'm Real line, nor does definitely it remotely compare to the Rice or Makgeolli types, in scent, performance and just overall likability. I understand the brand (at least statewide) has been avidly expanding its mask line, with almost no promotion but seemingly only focusing on "wow-factor" ingredients.

Specifically for this Tony Moly I'm Real Peach Mask, something didn't seem right. The peach scent and cute illustration on the outer packaging are its best features; the stickiness after use is just....enough to be an annoyance. I like the essence of my favourite sheet masks to linger (without being sticky) before sinking into the skin.

where to buy

tony moly us - $6 (set of 2)
ulta - $3.75 ea.

🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑 

The most important question: which mask is better? Both, and neither.

Pure Smile's peach mask was a better experience, but I admit, this brand can also be marginally harder to find at a reasonable price. While I do find that other masks offer more, better and consistent hydration to the skin, for a better price, I love me some peaches! Still once is nice.

For Tony Moly, I enjoy their masks but this particular peach mask was simply a miss, primarily for its scent and limited availability. If you happen to spot it at your local ULTA store, then I urge you to try it once, but no more than that.

I say also neither because both masks are rather difficult to find online at a reasonable, affordable price!

🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑🍑

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors