Trash Talk: Recent Empties (AB & Western) - Sept/Oct 2k17

2:43 AM

This is (yet another) collective empties post, both AB and "western: products--both skincare and makeup items. Enjoy some short thoughts before I empty the Sephora bag under my desk in the recycling bin!


Bring out the purple background...because it's time for Trash Talk!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

m a k e u p



missha m magic cushion refill

Yes, yes, I went through this bad boy fairly quickly! As I write this, I've already repurchased a special set of this cushion; a new case + refill + puff for an insanely nice price of under USD$11. I even convinced my mum to buy one!

That being said, I want to venture out from Missha to other brands' cushion--I like the mildly dewy finish of this cushion for everyday wear, but it doesn't have much lasting power and can have some texture issues, once it settles into the skin.



tony moly pocket bunny mist (moist)

Another one! By far this cute bunny packaged mist from Tony Moly has been my favourite mist, ever! The scent is sweet but not lingering; it doubles as a facial mist for whenever your skin needs fresh, as a base after a shower and even as a dewy setting spray, post-makeup application.


The cute bunny bottle is a bonus--I really just love the scent!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

s k i n c a r e



tony moly tangerine hand cream

I think....I bought this back in mid-2015...? from Urban Outfitters...so it's been a little while.

While the cream smells beautiful, it's turned a little nasty. The cream has thickened and turned a darker orange. It's not quite an "empty" but I'm going to throw it away because it's old! I will probably repurchase, soon.




belif the true aqua bomb cream - mini size

This mini size has been with me for a while (since that San Fran trip, last summer!!!!) but I've finally gotten through the mini size. Of course, I did purchase the full size and I'm about 2/3 the way through that jar.

I enjoy the texture and refreshing feeling the gel cream gives but the "cleaning supplies" scent is really Not My Cup Of Tea. Not going to RP this specific cream, but I am open to another cream in a different line from belif.




cosrx low ph good morning gel cleanser

I love this cleanser, but (Yes! There is a "but"!!!).....

....if you do not use tepid or lukewarm water like the tube suggests, you will end up with sore eyes and a weird, bubbly foam that is annoyingly hard to rinse off!

You really need to stick with lukewarm water and only use this as morning cleanser, and use as little as possible, too. I did repurchase but I also looking elsewhere for other low ph gel cleansers that aren't as particular with the cleansing method.

I do love tea tree, though....



laneige water sleeping pack

AH, yes~~ another jar is done!

I really enjoy this pack but since it's pricey, I'm really trying to not use this every night (maybe every third night) and limit how much I use, even though I have three back up jars--I bought them on clearance before Laneige skipped out of Target US. I haven't purchased any Laneige at Sephora yet, either....


tony moly panda's dream cooling eye stick

I know this product is more or less of a gimmick but as long as I apply other products first in my under eye area, this stick with glide on smoothly without me needing to tug or pull on my under eyes!

I recommend buying this on Amazon or eBay rather than at ULTA...for like half the price! You can almost buy two!

(side note: I can't figure out for the life of me why my phone dislikes photographing purple! It ends being a different shade each time so when I go to edit each photo, it makes it harder for me to match all over them....///sigh///)




baviphat lemon whitening sleeping pack mini

I think this was from a TesterKorea order...from...quite a while...ago....?!



Anyway, the pack was still in date. I liked the soft citrus-y scent but it felt too sticky to warrant purchasing the full-size.



simple micellar cleansing water - the original not the sensitive one

I have also purchased the "sensitive" version, but have found that the regular version of simple's Micellar Cleansing Water does just fine, even for sensitive skin. Would RP the regular version, again--not sure about the newer version, yet.



tony moly peach hand cream

A true empty! I have second container that's almost done, too~ I really love the sweet scent and the cute af container so I will always keep this in my skincare wardrobe.




shiseido facial cotton squares

Yoooooo~~!! These cotton squares are THE SOFTEST that I've tried (so far).

Shiseido's Cotton Squares don't seem to absorb liquid too quickly, but seem to hold any liquid on the surface of the cotton momentarily.  That being said, the price is a little hard to get over so I try to buy when I can afford it (and make them last) while using them between other brands of cotton squares/rounds.


100% pure caffeine bean eye cream
Part of a past ipsy bag, I liked the idea of this cream but I never really reached for it. The cream would sit on top of skin and never completely sink in and would react to other products that I'd use afterwards (even after a lnoger wait time in between). Now, it smells kind of funky...so I'm going to bin it!





e t c


garnier whole blends honey hair pack

I used this honey hair pack (more or less, conditioner) back when I was transitioning into being a platinum blond.

Using this primarily on the ends and the back lengths of my hair, I was able to keep my hair relatively soft while most of hair had turned very dry and porous after being bleached platinum. After a while, it did invite more oils to my hair if I used the conditioning treatment too often, and it was just...too thick of a product to dump on my hair.


earth therapeutics konjac body sponge

Eh, not much to say. It last for a good month or two. Not bad, would rp!


makeup wipes

I literally do not care about makeup wipes anymore so this is me commemorating (and reminding myself) of that thought, once again.



dry shampoo

I've used up two cans of dry shampoo lately: a mini size of Dove and a huuuuge can of Batiste.


10/10 would and have RP'd, primarily for both brands' ability of keeping unnecessary oil out of my hair while I'm sweating at work, while not creating a chalky texture either. Both brands also smell lovely~!!


Anyway, time to take out the recycling!

Good night, and thanks for reading~~~!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors