Recent Favourites || 最近のお気に入りものとか

10:41 PM

Hello all! Today I'm sharing some recent skincare and makeup favourites over the past couple of months. Since I've semi-neglected sharing monthly favourites (it was Boring), I feel that this makes up for that.



m a k e u p  //  コ ス メ

First up is the ever so popular Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance eye shadow palette. Since the palette has such versatile colours, I've been using it almost exclusively for almost two years as my daily eye look, paring it with one of Holika Holika's eyeshadow quads. The colour range is sublime! Also, no matter what colour I dye my hair, I can achieve different looks and they all look GOOD! If my hair is pink, I wear gold and brown eyes. if I'm purple, I break out the ocher and brown shades.


The only shadow that has hit pan is Tempera! I find it best as a base shadow and wish I could purchase it individually (I'm sure it's available). I also adore Burnt Orange in my out corners, both Red Ochre and Venetian Red to layer on top and the two shimmer shadows, Vermeer and Primavera. If I'm feeling extra fun, I'll add Realgar or Love Letter.


The expiry date says six months, so it's probably time to repurchase soon.


The following three products have been my to-go for daily makeup for the past couple of months. I've had a stressful mix of schedule changes at work, coupled with poor management style and even shorter staffing, which all leaves me dwindling energy to feel motivated to do anything, let alone makeup most days during my work week. So, simple is best--gives more time to choose a lipstick!

  • missha m magic cushion no. 21 - I am using my third cushion case, and on my sixth refill overall. This cushion foundation covers me redness while looking natural and not cakey; offers a dewy glow and doesn't break the bank. I've purchased the refill for as low as $5.80 and the whole cushion for around $8, although the price does fluctuate. I have tried a refill of the "moisture" version and it is not as moist as expected; it also oxidizes.
  • koji dolly wink liquid eyeliner deep black - This popular eyeliner is HG status for me (dare I write it!?) as it is a true black black! Also, it lasts--it's stayed on my eyelids during a a string of 35C (mid 90s F) weather, last summer, while I sweated at work. It's easy to remove with most cleansing oils and balms, often gone in one swipe.
  • innisfree no sebum mineral powder - Often used to give a satin finish to my dewier cushions, I like to pat some of this translucent powder to set my under eyes and eyelids. It's affordable and rather accessible online.

Sad but not surprising, my favourite lipsticks will be in another post--there's just too many to choose!
  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
s k i n c a r e  // ス キ ン ケ ア

For me, the power couple of the century is Kikumasamune High Moist Lotion (or sometimes the regular version, in the white bottle) and Hada Labo Gokujun Lotion. The sake-based Kikumasamune lotion is best for toning, soon after cleansing or stepping out of the shower--especially when the skin is moist or damp.


I like to apply Gokujun lotion straight after I step out of the shower on my face and body, just after cleansing, for max goodness! The two don't seem to react to each other which is why they work well together; other skin conditioning products applied after Kiku has cause a slight reaction or flareup, so sometimes a short wait time is ideal. Both are my go-to products for tired, stressed-out skin, as well as the base for my skin routine.

Next is eye cream. Normally, I'm not much of an eye cream kind of gal, but I found it! The affordable eye cream! It's Skin Hyaluronic Acid Eye Cream is a semi-clear gel cream type with no scent, whatsoever. With no effort, the gel cream spreads along the under eye, leaving no residue or oiliness. Plus, it's usually under $10 on eBay (from reputable sellers--if you're lucky, it's as low as $7 or so).




Bless Snesus (snail Jesus) for Mizon's AOI Snail Cream has been a blessing for my rosacea that is mostly on my cheeks. Disregarding whatever shenanigans that's going down with the brand itself (or its poor/lac of social media updates), this cream is light that I can easily layer products underneath, while putting a sheet mask over the top with a sleeping pack on top, without feeling heavy or (so far) reacting to other products. I like to use the ampoule with this cream, for the best effect.  I will say this smaller-than-expected container is worth the coins--dig around on eBay and you will find a deal. A RP, for sure....unless Mizon is having those kinds of problems....

For my hair, I've been enjoying spritzing Etude House's Wonder Fun Park Perfumed Hair Mist into the roots of my hair, before bed. The mist is part oil, so you have to shake it up prior to use. I like the sweet scent--it's like candy, but doesn't linger. I don't notice any excess oil in my hair after use; I'm in in it for nice smelling hair!




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 m u s i c  // ミュージック

I've been jamming to Lorde, still in some post-concert blues since seeing her live, back in March. Later, I made a playlist featuring the same set list she performed, just to relive that night. The concert was ethereal and even though I was all the way up in the back (no, really), I felt the same emotions of those in the front. I still enjoyed that night and will hold it in my memories for a long while. I'm still digging older jams like The Love Club and Team, but I adore Perfect Places and The Louvre, especially when driving home at night. Liability makes me weep while Sober and Homemade Dynamite makes me wanna dance and thrash around dramatically. While short, Loveless is the best track for its punch.

 © 2017 Lorde, Universal Music

Most importantly, I've been highkey ecstatic about BTS' comeback album and their Billboard performance. I'm so proud to see them come this far, and to see how much they adore ARMY. They deserve all the awards after giving their own blood, sweat and tears. THE HIXTAPE WAS A BLESSING!!!!!! Anpanman is one of my fave newer tracks, along with the suave Singularity and Magic Shop. Actually, all the songs are amazing, with such clever lyrics!

As I write this, my boots are quaking for SHINee's comeback. In my mind, Jonghyun is still here, shining over all of us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
tv // 番組

 Recently, I caught up on Supernatural. I binge watched the latest two season so I can sit, waiting for the thirteenth season , later this year. I'm glad that the show connected characters and plot points from the show's beginning, but I wished it had been connected like, eight seasons ago!

Work has been nuts, so I've been ready to watch something, then would fall asleep from exhaustion. I meant to watch for a while, but I managed to squeeze in the debut season of Agretsuko. I had seen the shorts floating around on YouTube before, but it's cool now that there's a Netflix original series--it's deeply relatable and even better when watched with Japanese audio AND subs!

I caught up on Miraculous Lady Bug! Somehow I want Marionette and Adrien's identities to be revealed to each other, so then they both can, y'know, be together! I watched the French dub on YouTube because I prefer the truer order of episodes (the English dub/Netflix release is in a different sequential order) and hearing French is nice--quand j'avais étudié au lycéen, j'etudiais le français mais quand j'ai attendu la universitie, j'ai étudié le japonais parce que je prefere cette langue.

The other night, I finally watched all four episodes of the Gilmore Girls "reunion" special. I loved it, but wish there was more. Spoilers, but I loved how those words Rory said connect to the premise of the original show, as if the story could continue through each generation of Gilmore. I wish the serioes hadn't suffered the the 06/07 writer's strike, where many shows where cancelled.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors