Trash Talk: March 2018 Empties ( + Mini Reviews)

11:11 PM

Hello all! I'm a little late, and things (my space) and stuff (my products) have been in chaos as I downsize, in preparation for an emanate move. I've had empties in a bag, stored in my linen closet, along with products I'm planning to get rid of/blog about. After some time to rest, I'm ready to clear out everything, and catch back up on blogging!

m a r c h   2 0 1 8   e m p t i e s






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


p r o d u c t s   m e n t i o n e d

  • tony moly tomatox massage pack
  • dr jart+ water drop cream
  • tony moly pocket bunny moist mist
  • dhc medicated lip cream
  • isehan kiss me heroine make Super waterproof mascara
  • too cool for school dinoplatz mascara
  • missha m magic cushion no. 21
  • philosophy fresh cream hand cream
  • the yeon jeju hallabong energy moisture hand cream
  • kiss my face olive & aloe hand cream travel size
  • biore u pichi peach body wash refill
  • elf active post-workout cleansing body wipes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

s k i n c a r e

The ever so lovely Tony Moly Tomatox Massage Pack is affordable and always has a place in my stash. The white wash-off pack gives a quick, temporary brightening effect, and turns my rampant rosacea on my cheeks to a nice pink--I almost look normal! I will RP soon!

I'm proud of myself: I also finally finished up a small tube of Water Drop Cream from Dr Jart+. I really enjoyed the cream and its smooth texture. The way it felt, and left my skin so utterly soft drew me in closer to deeply considering the full size. Sadly, I strongly disliked the higher price point and --I could buy three decently performing reams for the price of this tube, especially considering the full size--and the lack of availability! While convenient (instant gratification, my dudes!), my local Sephora has been carrying the exact same stock with manufacture dates from late 2015 and 2016 so, no, no RP for me, unless sourced directly from South Korea, at a lower price.

Since it's slowly inching towards summer, I've been breaking out all my mists and working through them. The plan is to use all current mists before purchasing or repurchasing any new ones, to ensure that I'm using product first. #projectpan!! Anyway, I completely used yet another bottle of Tony Moly's Pocket Bunny Moist Mist. The cute bunny packaging is a plus, but I enjoy how refreshing the mist feels and the soft, sweet peach scent that does not linger. I usually purchase this from either RoseRoseShop or RubyRubyStore  (both are the same seller, under different names), or iamlove-shop (which I believe is Jolse) on eBay because all usually charge around under USD$6, but no more than $8 ea., and ship very quickly from South Korea. This means I can buy two bottle and still be less than the $15 that ULTA charges for one bottle, even factoring in points and a coupon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
m a k e u p

I included DHC's popular Medicated Lip Cream in many of my simple routine posts (actually all of these products!) over on my Instagram. I had about less than 8cm left, and it melted. I loved applying at night, just before going to bed and see soft lips the next morning, or keeping my lips soft during work (and surprising the boy at how extra soft my kisses were heheheheheh). This type was the "olive oil" type in a plain pink tube, which was the cheapest and to me, the most aesthetically pleasing. I originally ordered from a Japan-based eBay seller, paying around $8 or so with free shipping. Disregarding Chapstick in all forms, I would 1000% order another DHC Lip Cream again for those extra soft lips, but try to let it melt...!

Last March, I did a first impressions review of Isehan's Kiss Me Heroine Make Super Waterproof Mascara and enjoyed it. My thoughts still hold true: this bad boy doesn't not budge! Even when I am at work, sweating outside or in direct sunlight out in the garden centre, I don't see flaking or any "panda eye" whatsoever like how I experience with every other mascara (except for the two in this photo).  Sadly, I've had this tube for over a year and it's definitely started to develop a smell and is also starting to dry up so it's long overdue to repurchase (for more health and sanitary reasons).

The most important part is that this mascara seriously lives up the (super) waterproof aspect, so in terms of removal, I've found that both cleansing balms and a gritter cleansing oil such as Kose's Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil does the trick, even if only applied the eyes as a first cleanser with a different product for the rest of the face. My lashes do not fall out and are not irritated with this method, when compared to removal other Western drugstore mascaras. When I repurchase, I'll demonstrate this as best as I can.

Another mascara...dare I say...HG has to be the Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Mascara. I'm not technically done with it but I've actually had it for too long--I kept it for too long, mostly as reminder to repurchase! Cute packaging and design aside, this mascara also never gave me any panda eye, flaking. It managed to stay during hot days, odd weather conditions, even when my other face makeup has long separated and turned gnarly. I think that's a sign to finally repurchase, and finally Give Up on all Western drugstore mascaras.

Not as surprising, but I went through another Missha M Magic Cushion. I have another newer case that is exactly the same, so I'm switching to that one for now as this case has some scratches along the top. I enjoy and will regularly continue to repurchase the refills in shade no. 21 as its an everyday cushion for me that conceals my redness, while staying moist and giving a gorgeous, dewy glow. It's also easy to layer sunscreen underneath and to set with powder for a satin or more matte look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 h a n d  &  b o d y

I'm proud to say that I used up not one, but THREE hand creams in March! First was the coveted fresh cream hand cream from philosophy. I adore the scent so much; this should be my third tube to date. I actually did purchase a set of three (which included this scent) back around the holidays, but since it wasn't....the most favourable time, I ended up returning it. I do regret returning a lot of the items I bought for myself, but I did because it wasn't a pleasant time at all and I wanted no association with the holiday. Maybe, later this year, it'll be better!

I also managed to FINALLY get through this hand cream from The Yeon. I had it from a Memebox box from late 2015--I had always planned to review properly, but I just....didn't care anymore. Now, I'm just trying to use everything up and also buy more responsibly. The citrus scent was a bit much, and I"m glad I got through the tube but I will stick to light fruit scents or unscented hand creams instead.

The third tube was bought more so out of desperation from the travel area at a grocery store, while on a road trip. My hands had been so dry throughout my work week that by the time my weekend (while I was on said road trip) has come to fruition, my hands were still nasty levels of crusty dry. This paraben-free "natural" hand cream from Kiss My Face did the job while at work, but I did find it to be a bit too thick for my liking.

In early March, the first cab off the rank was yet another refill to my favourite body wash from Biore U, by Biore Japan. The sweet peach scent is a bonus, but what draws me in each time to repurchase is that the body wash is low pH and leaves my skin barrier undisturbed, yet soft.


Since use, I've repurchased the refill twice (in the newer packaging style) and while I'm still holding on to the older bottle, I'm planning to order a new bottle from Yamibuy--it's seemingly the cheapest at USD$12.99 with free shipping.

The last item for March's empties was a pack of e.l.f. body wipes, from the most recently released "active" line. I used them as a quick wipe down when at work, when feeling sweaty or gross on my legs.


Thanks for reading, and good night! Time to take out the trash now~

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors