Trash Talk: Ditching Four Beloved Tints

2:18 AM

Hello all! This post will be relatively short, as I'm just documenting that I'm throwing away four of my Etude House tints and why, accompanied by a slight PSA.

About a month ago, I noticed that my three dearly loved Etude House Dear My Darling Tints had a white tinge to the bottom side to the container, when laying on its side. This recently developed on all three; I haven't stored in direct sunlight per se but over the summer it did get super hot--it reached 96 F one day in there, but we got into the nineties many times, so my makeup was compromised.

No, for real......



PSA

  • store your skincare & makeup in a cool, dry place, not in direct sunlight OR in areas that have fluctuating temperatures.

The second part of the above text is crucial; the room where my vanity is has the morning sunlight, which is great for #goldenhour shots (for whenever it ISN'T cloudy lol). Since it is also upstairs, in the summer, heat rises. During those hotter days when the outside temperature was 90 F (32 C), my house would remain HOT even after the sun set, and would only begin to cool down in the wee hours of the morning.



etude house dear my darling tints 

  • OR205
  • PK005
  • RD307


With this in mind, I first noticed these tints that were affected by the weather.  Even if in a cabinet or drawer, storing skincare and makeup products in a room that routinely changes temperatures throughout the day may not be the best to insure the best life for the products.

It also may invite extra nasties to grow inside the container, or on other surfaces. Just thinking about it is yucky!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
etude house fresh cherry tint pk 001

The reason why I'm featuring this cutie as this was my first ever Korean lip tint!

No, for real! I purchased this cutie back in mid-2015, before this blog, and long before I did any sort of #bblogging on Instagram. I originally bought it because I love how cute the pink was, and the swatches I fond online looked pretty. Because of its age, I need to say a warm goodbye as there's a certain smell developing. It's been real, Cherry dearest~

Good night all~! Time to take out the trash~

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. wow! yeah, it's time to throw those in the garbage! but they do look cute :)

    you have such a lovely blog! i'm following and I would love if you could follow me too
    xoxo
    TheNotSoGirlyGirl // Instagram // Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Contributors