Trash Talk: Summer Empties

1:09 PM


Ok kiddos, it's trash time! I had a busy summer and just didn't get around to this portion of integral documentation within the #bblogging realm. My mind was elsewhere and still, I hoarded--an easy task--but other things always came up.


Now that summer has definitely come to a close, here is my hefty collection of empties from June through August. This excludes sheet masks as I'm saving that for another post.

 p r o d u c t s   m e n t i o n e d 
  • a'pieu air fit cushion bboyan no. 13
  • a'pieu air fit cushion no. 21
  • a'pieu deep cleansing water (bonobono ed)
  • bifesta moist wipes 
  • banila co clean it zero purity
  • tony moly peach cleansing water
  • kikumasamune lotion (regular; white bottle)
  • innisfree blueberry rebalancing cleanser
  • dewytree phyto therapy blueberry foam
  • cow brand low pH foam cleanser
  • freeman clay mask (apple cider vinegar)
  • kouji hime face pack
  • tony moly latte art pack strawberry
  • skinfood black sugar wash off mask
  • skinfood rice wash off mask 
  • selena hagaseru cotton squares
  • mistian facial mist
  • mizon snail repair cream
  • laneige water sleeping pack mini
  • laneige water bank moisture cream mini
  • dr jart ceramidan cream mini
  • l'occitane comforting cream mini
  • ladykin fresh strawberry icing gel bar
  • cosmetea black tea hand cream  
  • st ives soothing body wash (oatmeal & shea butter)
  • skinfood beauty in a food peach body wash
  • ivory clean body wash
  • batiste dry shampoo (tropical)
  • ogx x kandee johnson conditioner candy gumdrop

😍 - love it, would rp multiple times
😎 - it's cool, maybe rp/already rp
😕 - maybe rp  but maybe if on sale or for a review
💩 - nrp


  m a k e u p 

  • a'pieu air fit cushion bboyan no. 13 😍/😎 - I've went through another refill~! I've previously reviewed the BBoyan type and Pposong types but have found that the Bboyan is better for my dry skin...though shade 13 is curretly harder to source online. If I remember correctly, the Pposong is more matte while the Bboyan is whitening, like a tone-up with a "natural" like coverage.
  • a'pieu air fit cushion no. 21 😎- The regular Air Fit cushion is a good staple in my makeup wardrobe too, since it's affordable and seemingly accessible (at least via RRS on ebay...!!!). Pro-tip: the regular refills happen to fit into A'pieu's limited cushion releases. I love to RP the refill and put them into my limited cases~ What makes me not LOVE it as much is that I have to use some sort of a primer underneath, otherwise the foundation will separate later in the day, no matter if I set it with a powder or setting spray. The right primer is key to making A'pieu's affordable Air Fit cushions work, and I haven't found one that works exactly with every cushion foundation in my collection, let alone this one....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 s k i n c a r e 
  • apieu deep cleansing water (bonobono ed) - I made this last for a long as I could, but using it was too fun! The cute Bonobono design was fun of course; the cleansing water itself was just ok. Surprisingly, the scent is a strong citrus note that doesn't linger but I found myself enjoying it in the PM, especially after a long day at work--those days when you can barely stand upright, and force yourself to take off your makeup and get in the shower, before hopping into bed. Yes, those are the days. I would pour our enough to saturate a cotton square and swipe that over my face. RP, if I feel inclined.

  • bifesta moist wipes 😎 - This is my second time of using these wipes and have unofficially been dubbed the "panic" wipes--for when I forgot to pack a cleansing oil or makeup remover when staying over the cutie's apartment, during our early dating days. Now, things are different and they have some skincare products at their place, in case I forget to bring something. Purely out of convenience, these wipes are also (sadly) my go-to "depression skincare" first cleanser. Sometimes, I am honestly too drained to even shower and it's taking a lot for me to admit this in such a public place, but I want it to be known and documented this kind of low that I've reached.
  • banila co clean it zero purity 😍 - I was lucky to have the rest of this container--I became the new owner of this bad boy when I went to an AB meetup earlier this year, and managed to finish it up! We all swapped products and tldr; I would 100% RP this scentless cleansing balm, likely through Amazon. With no effort, my hard-to-remove Heroine Make mascara dissolves, without any eye irritation. My face makeup just melts away while keeping my rosacea at bay. I'd RP in a heartbeat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • tony moly peach cleansing water 😍 - I mentioned on my Instagram about how I scored this peach scented cleansing water for $4. The guy next to me who was buying something for his wife didn't want the point and asked if I wanted them. I said "sure!" and was able to use them on my purchase (it took $9 off!!) I also had my coupon, so that brought it down to $4. Price aside, the cleansing water was an absolute delight to use and I'm sad that it's empty because it didn't aggravate my redness and of course, just smelled so lovely. I would saturate a cotton square and gently swipe my face in the AM, to start my day off fresh.
  • kikumasamune lotion (regular; white bottle) 😍 - I'm a hoe for Kikus not only on my face but on my body, but this is a new level of love. TMI...but...in the summer sometimes I get whiteheads on the back of my thighs. They can be bad and often scar. Now, no longer! After applying some every few days or so, the whiteheads are gone and the skin on the back of my thighs feel much smoother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • innisfree blueberry rebalancing cleanser 😕 - I immensely enjoyed the sun cream so I thought I would enjoy the cleanser. I was expecting some kind of....I don't know, near unscented low pH magical goop, sent down from the heavens....but this wasn't that at all. The cleanser was best used in the AM and only a small amount--it foamed to an average extent but the scent (far from blueberries) leaning towards incense and the smell of a local hippie boutique rolled into one--that indescribable musky scent that no adjectives can describe. It's that smell. It was one that lingered in my nostrils from the moment I opened the tube, to the next three layers of skincare I apply--it was still there. RP? Nah, not until Innisfree makes this unscented.


    • dewytree phyto therapy blueberry foam 💩 - A TJ Maxx find, for $3.99. On first whiff, fresh out of the tube, the cleanser smells sweet, like fresh blueberries but then quickly smells like candy. When squeezing, the cleanser quickly spurts out of the tube looking like a whipped toothpaste--a texture is don't exactly dislike, but is the telling signs of a higher-than-necessary cleanser. It did foam a little (I didn't expect it to, per se) but boy, did it feel stripping! My face was feeling like a dry desert after use. Despite the blueberry content in the ingredients and the fact that blueberry cleansers tend to have those properties, there was nothing low pH or mild about this cleanser. I disliked it so much that I promptly returned the second unopened tube to TJ Maxx.
    •  cow brand low pH foam cleanser 😍 - Now here's an actual low pH cleanser, one that I've repurchased four times, to date. There's just something comforting about this no-frills low pH cleanser that rubs me the right way.  Containing no additives, colours or mineral, both parabens and sulfate free, no alcohol AND low pH, at a low price (under $10) over on Amazon, you definitely can't go wrong with this bad boy. I feel a difference for when I don't use
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • freeman clay mask (apple cider vinegar) 💩 - smelled AWFUL, super rough and stripping. Let's just keep it at that.
    • kouji hime face pack 😎 - Price aside (15 to as high as $18, at Uwajimaya), this is one pack that manages to take my flaring red rosacea covered face and able to simmer that down to a pleasant pink, with limited stripping while being cool to the touch. After ease use, my face is dramatically brighter and feels fresh. Despite all this, the liited availailby and price steers me away from buying it again; I would RP if I could find the pack at a reduced cost.
    • tony moly latte art pack strawberry 😎 -I enjoyed this cute wash off pack for its scent (it smells like strawberry Pez, no joke!) and while I've RP'd twice, if I'm being brutally honest, it's a rather mediocre, average pack with noticeably minimal results. I'm just here for the fun scent and cute packaging.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • skinfood black sugar wash off mask 💩 - smells like lemon fresh cleaning supplies (not a fan of that...) and while I've repurchased twice in the past, this is the last time. This is too rough on my dry, delicate skin.

    • skinfood rice wash off mask 😎 - I wholeheartedly preferred the Rice type over the regular black sugar but as I worked though (while using low pH cleaners) I could feel the subtle different in tecture between this and the regular (rougher) black sugar version. The Rice felt half as rough, but still felt stripping if I didn't rush to apply a toner soon afterwards.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • selena hagaseru cotton squares - This right here, my friends, is THE Best cotton squares. I've used Muji and Shiseido in the past and nothing compares to the layered heaven that these create. Each square peels apart into five thin layers so you can be frugal with cotton consumption (lol) or even out the cotton to toner ratio. Best part: a box of 80 sheets is only $3.50 at Uwajimaya and somewhere between $4 and $6 over on Amazon. Most importantly, these are my go-to for making DIY face masks with Hado Labo's Gokujun lotion (or any other watery toner) for masking on the go, for travel for for when I'm exhausted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • mistian facial mist 😕 - this was during a swap, at an AB skincare meetup from earlier this year. I had so much fun that day~ Anyway, I don't have many thoughts on this mist besides that, well, it worked?! It was a no-frills type of mist but nothing outstanding. I probably wouldn't RP, unless I could source fairly easily it online.
    • mizon snail repair cream 😍 - Oh wow...wow.....! My long-term relationship with this cream begun and ended so quickly! I bought this as a set from either RRS but on eBay or iamlove-shop on eBay, for a favourably low price--around $14. I can't put my finger on it but this snail goop manages to keep my dry patches at bay, and invisible.
    • laneige water sleeping pack mini 😎/😕 - I dislike the mini sizes (I feel like I overuse product if it's a mini size, as opposed to the full size) but while I rave about this sleeping pack often over on my Instagram and feature it in many of my photos, sometimes the scent actually does bother me. I wish I could find a similar pack without a scent, one that has just as much hydration and one that I can rely on for when my skin sucks ass. More so, the price bothers me as much as the way Laneige US considered its image abroad by moving its presence, by shifting from Target US to Sephora US and how it felt....alienating, but strategic at the same time. It was so strategic, and I think about that every time I dip my mini spatula into this sleeping pack..................
    • laneige water bank moisture cream mini 😕 - I actually have the full size and I never reach for it, which is telling to how I feel about it--enough said. It's too thick for my liking.
    • dr jart ceramidan cream mini 😕 - I think this went bad, so it's finally time to say good bye. The full size is just Too Expensive, so I just Don't Know my thoughts.
    • l'occitane comforting cream mini 😕 - also another product that had went bad. L'occitane is definitely a "bougie" type of brand for me, but as a hoe for scentless watery gels, I wasn't digging the scent or thickness of the cream. Yeck!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • ladykin fresh strawberry icing gel bar 😎 - A few moons ago, I somehow scored this at my local Forever21 store (no, really!) for $2.99. I regret not buying the other two at the time, but I've since made peace (lol). This clear, strawberry-scented cooling gel worked well in the summertime, offering a burst of hydration to my dry ass legs whenever I wore shorts, post-shower. I would purchase the mango type, then repurchase the strawberry in time for next summer.

    • cosmetea black tea hand cream 😕 - A surprising find at my local TJ Maxx, this hand was my go-to when at work from start to finish. At $3.99, it was an ok cream, managing to keep my hands moisturized during a long work day--nothing special though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     b o d y 
    • st ives soothing body wash (oatmeal & shea butter) 😕 - I bought this while on my work trip, back in the end of June. The purchase was out of pure desperation--I forgot to pack body wash and I didn't want to resort to buying Suave. It was ok; it did the job but it also felt stripping to my skin.

    • skinfood beauty in a food peach body wash 😍 - this body wash! Oh my god! My lord! I wish I had bought twelve when I ordered off of eBay (I regret not buying more) because, as a local peach mom, I need my peachy fix! Sadly, the price hovering around 17 to 18 right now--I paid 11 something at the time. The gel body gel lathered ever so slightly, did a good job cleaning my skin but left it soft and smelling sweet. With a peachy kiss, my heart is taken.
    • ivory clean body wash 😕 - I like it but this is my "I'm broke but need body wash" body wash. I buy it from work; it's affordable but it's not my favourite. There's a minor scent with minimal foaming but it doesn't feel as cosmetically elegant as I enjoy with other Japanese and Korean products, of those that are noticeably lower in pH.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     h a i r 
    • batiste dry shampoo (tropical) 😎 - See, I'm a hoe for dry shampoo and this particular type from Batiste has struck my fancy many-a-time BUT (and that a big b-u-t-t), I'm noticing how fine and thin my hair actually is, and how bad dry shampoo has been for my locks. I'm planning to nip that i the bud and not use any dry shampoo for a while, or at least not daily. Love it, but I gotta change it up!
    • ogx x kandee johnson conditioner candy gumdrop 😎 - I bought this from work last Holiday season (mostly 'cause it mistakenly went on sale and ya girl Snatched That UP!!!). I bought this for the scent and planned to eithr use it as a conditioning treatment, or as a nice smelling shaving cream. Spoiler: I did both, and both worked well. 10/10 would buy again, but since this was a limited run, it's prob 無理。

    Thanks for reading my thought about my trash! It's time to take out the recycling, kids.

    Good night~~!

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Contributors