Hair Shenanigans: Lightening from Brown to Yellowish Blonde with L'Oreal Feria

10:20 PM

Hello all! I recently tried dyeing my hair from a natural darker brown, and lightening it to a blonde. I used L'oreal Feria Shimmering Powder, in Absolute Platinum and did two sessions of that at home. It turned out pretty well tbh, for starting out as such a darker colour...










Here's my hair the day before using the shimmering powder bleach:








My hair below, just after processing and rinsing! My hair was dry afterwards but not that hay-like feeling that apparently happens after properly bleaching. I made sure to apply a hefty layer of a conditioning treatment mask.



After I let my hair air-dry, it looked like this(also very soft, thanks to the condition treatment!):





A couple of days later, I decided to repeat the same process again with another box of Feria, and this was my result (picture below). Unlike the first bottle which had went extremely well, I had a mixed experience with the second bottle--when opening the bottle, it actually had a chemical reaction going on and the bottle became extremely hot!!

But considering, honestly, it turned out pretty well but if I decide on doing a colour soon, I will need to bleach properly to achieve a much light colour. Here's my hair, after the second round of Feria:









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors