[Mini Review] Evian Water Facial Spray

9:42 AM


Evian water is a kind of craze lately, for its aesthetic and arguably, its status symbol among online communities. The taste is nice compared to filtered water or even tap water, but not as noticeable as say, alkaline water. But like with Fiji, Voss and similar waters, its popularity is because it is a status symbol.

The aesthetic of Evian spawned artist, Dom Sebastian to create a spin off that says "okay" instead of 
of the regular Evian logo.





So coolness factor aside, I wanted to find out how Evian's facial spray would actually work on the skin, and how it might compare to Korean facial sprays, or facial mists emerging from high-end brands here in the West. Is it just a status symbol and strategic marketing but with minimal skin benefits? Is it just a gimmick? Let's find out!

(So of course I took the time to take some very aesthetic-y pictures.)
 


I hadn't really thought to try this because I knew it was just water but didn't want to put out the money quite yet. I had seen the 300ml bottle on Amazon, and the 3-pack was about $21 at both my local ULTA and Sephora stores, and online.

 On one of my trips to my local ULTA, saw the 2-pack of the Evian water facial spray for about USD$12.  I thought, "why not?" and used a 3.50 off coupon on my purchase to save a few dollars.


Basically, the Evian water facial spray is just Evian water.  The ingredients are just Evian water and nitrogen, as a propellant.

The facial spray feels cooling on the skin and is nice to spritz on throughout the day, but it does nothing for the skin than splashing filtered water on your face would.  

It actually may do harm (as I've found) by drying out the skin after the water evaporates, and in turn, helping your skin to create excess oil to compensate for the sudden dryness.  I found my cheeks in particular, have reverted to their former dry, flaky selves, from before I dove into an AB routine.

 I've also noticed my skin being slightly itchy no matter what I put on my face soon afterwards.
I'm pretty unlikely to repurchase but will stick to the Mario Badescu Rose Water spray (that I've repurchased four times to date).

See you!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors