[Mini-Review] Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner 10-in-1 [Unboxing/Experience w/ YouRiShop @ Amazon]

12:15 AM

Lately, I've been wanting to try a new toner so I did some research from YouTube videos and countless blog reviews. I noticed that many complained of the alcohol in the toner and that it either a) helped control oil but they hated the supposed smell, or b) that it dried out their skin.  But I'm definitely beginning to see that skincare is truly YMMV, and you need to try it out on your skin whenever possible.

 

If I'm real about it, I have weird skin at the moment. I am combo, and have redness on my cheeks, chin and a bit on my forehead. My T-Zone does get a little oily depending on the weather and time of day, or depending on the products I'm using. But my cheeks and under my chin, and neck can get pretty dry! While I live currently in a climate where it (usually) rains a lot, my skin has been also dehydrated in the past year from working in retail where the air is dry and improper moisturizing--using thick moisturizers instead of thin, layers of serum or emulsion to maximize the effects of each products, to help lock in moisture. I'm trying (and enjoying!) doing the latter and only using a mildly thicker product if it's wintertime, or if my skin desperately craves it.

Anyway, after a fair bit of fun research (seriously, I spent a week or two, looking at things....) I thought that I'd just go out on a limb and just try out the full size of the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner.  I thought it'd be miles better than the Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling...toner?
(my mum bought my dad to use but didn't like/didn't want to use it, so I got it, tried it out and it burnt my cheeks and dried them out badly.  I think it was the salicylic acid...) so I was kinda a bit iffy on trying out a new toner but oh, I was so right.  It's on another level of better!!

At the time, a number of Amazon sellers had the price hovering around the $12 mark so I added it to my cart and watched the price fluctuate a little bit.  I've been thinking about trying other sites like RRS, TK or ordering directly from Jolse, as I've only ordered from the "bae" through Amazon--but I'm not yet ready to venture out. I need to though, to maximize my $$$ in proportion to what I get.

I settled on ordering from YouRiShop through Amazon on August 10th, with an expected receive date of anywhere between Sept 3 - Sept 24, at 8pm. Shipping was free as I ordered other items at the same time.



But surprisingly, all was quiet.  Time passed.  Nothing showed up until the very last day (Sept 24th, yesterday). I happened to be out for most of the day and came home late afternoon to find a small package on my doorstep. Yay, finally!



I kinda of had forgot about it until a few days ago when I realized, "HEY I ordered that over a month ago???!!!?!?!? where is it?? how did all this time pass by????" but in the mess of passage of time and working, and everything, it really wasn't too big of a deal. (The perils of retail and working all the time...)

What was strange is that of Amazon order I placed later on August 25th, included items from the SAME seller YouRiShop, and those items were shipped and received in less time than the order of the pore freshener, ordered on the 10th. Like usually, YouRiShop is pretty fast but this was kind of odd. My guess is that maybe because this is a liquid and the US might be iffy about allowing unknown liquids in without checking it through customs (despite this being a commercial product, and Etude House having a US division of its site, Etude House isn't really sold here in widespread retailers, yet...)

Anyway, I grabbed my box knife and opened this baby up! Looked pretty alright, wrapped up tightly in bubble wrap:



Everything seemed intact but it almost looks like some liquid from the top of the bottle was missing, but idk if it was meant to be a completely filled bottle, or not.

I washed my face, grabbed a cotton pad and patted this on my skin, primarily on my T-zone and a bit on my cheeks. It didn't sting, burn or anything of the sort, despite how reviews described the pore freshener tone might. I do have slightly sensitive skin at time but I mostly have problems with redness on my cheeks, chin and on my forehead.  Flareups and some sudden flushing can happen if I use an especially thick moisturiser, use products that dry out my skin or rub my face too much, so I'm on the look out for products that help in anyway possible. 



CosDNA lists that alcohol is second on the list of ingredients, behind water.  Butylene Glycol is in there too, but with an acne trigger of 1. 

This Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner 10-in-1 left my cheeks extremely soft, and I hadn't even finished the rest of my routine (I had only single cleansed beforehand.)  Honestly, I'm super impressed and I'll continue to experiment with this in my AM and/or PM routines. 

I'm glad it arrived on time but I kind of wished it had come a little sooner.  My skin is starting to break out and my current Laneige toner isn't really doing much as I know I need to start to introduce AHA/BHA into my routine. The Laneige one smells nice but does nothing to the skin, and it costs too much to warrant repurchasing.  I'm going to stick with the Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener for a while, and see how it goes. I'll do a more in-depth review soon.

See you in the next post!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I think the packaging is wonderful as it makes it really easy and mess-free! Don't really see my pores getting smaller, but it definitely does reduce the oils on my skin.

    For my full review, head to:
    http://lifewithaudrey21.blogspot.com/2016/09/review-etude-house-wonder-pore-freshner_20.html

    ReplyDelete

Contributors