Sheet Mask Shenanigans: L'herboflore Apple C Whitening Hydro mask || 蕾舒翠 紅蘋C面膜

5:28 PM


Taiwanese sheet mask brands really seem add in an extra punch to its masks: beyond-cute or aesthetically pleasing packaging, refreshing scents, well fitting masks and plenty of essence (for the long winter). I"ve grown to enjoy MBD masks over Korean brands, and have even ditched my limited box of Lululun masks from Japan, for the time being. Now, I just want to try them all out!

With all this excitement, I was so excited to try out a L'herboflore mask for the first time. The packaging and the interesting ingredients has always caught my eye, but I had noticed the availability of L'herboflore to a foreign (outside of Asia) market was slim-to-none. As now a first-time user of L'herboflore, I have to say that I'm incredibly impressed, and hungry for more--at least my skin is!







After a looooong day at work the other night, I decided to treat myself. Boy, was that a good idea! I still have the packet on my desk with some essence inside. I've kept it around primarily to smell it--it's so refreshing and sweet.


(back of packet)



*crackles knuckles* This is where my kanji skills come into use.



Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hyaluronic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Methylisothiazolinone, Iodopropynl Butylcarbamate, Pyrus Malus (apple) Juice, Mannitol, Sodium Citrate, Acetyl Tetrapptide-15, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Acetate, Isopropyl Alchohol, Cellulose, Panthenol, Trehalose, Xantham Gum, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Parfum (fragrance).


The mask itself is dripping in essence (much like MBD masks) and it smells so refreshingly sweet.  The apple scent isn't overpowering either: like freshly picked on a summer's day and smells like actual apples, not a fake, manufactured "sweet" smell.

I was also intrigued by reading from  L'herboflore's website that these masks have three layers. The top and bottom cotton layers sandwich a thin layer of (apple scented!!) serum to seemingly help provide moisture to the skin, and to help push the serum into the skin through occlusion.




I unfolded the mask (while taking pics, of course) and promptly put it on my face.  Immediately, the mask felt cooling on my face, especially on my rosacea prone cheeks.

The fit was damn near perfect, too. Usually masks don't fit my face well, but I don't worry too much about the fit since I'm not the target audience for sheet masks (I'm not Taiwanese, yo.)






Sheet mask selfie: go!




I'm in love with this smell still, and I really want to try out more masks. Yes, the mask packet is still on my desk right now. Beautibi (not aff. link) who is based in LA, is probably the best bet in price and availability, at $4~$6 per mask. Sasa likely has them but I'm not familiar with the site yet, so I can't offer great details on how to score through Sasa. I'm going to need to figure it out though, because I want to try out the "tea" themed masks that L'herboflore also makes.

See you!



[disclaimer]: this isn't a sponsored review. I was gifted this mask but even so, my opinions are still my opinions.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors