Hair Shenanigans: Going Purple

12:34 AM

Hello! As I posted on my Instagram recently, I decided to go purple.











My inspo was this kind of lilac purple:





root touch up
lighten bangs and crown area


my last salon visit was in mid May; my hair was a nice platinum blonde except for the front crown and my bangs, which had slight yellow tint to them.




A true before, with #real bedhead:


Basically, the plan was to touch up some light root regrowth, tackle the slight yellow tone issue before adding any purple to my hair. So pumped!


Gettin' those roots done!




✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️

 
The result was a nice blonde, again:


Ready for the first round of purple. The girl doing my hair used two tubes of Pulp Riot, in Lilac, mixed with a dollop of Blush to give a pink undertone to the purple. This was a vegan semi permanent dye (much like Manic Panic) so you'd need a lot to completely saturate the hair.


Looking like Alfalfa, right now:


Unfortunately (white cute), this Pulp Riot dye didn't take to my hair completely and ended up being patchy....



BUT WAIT!!!

To get a more vibrant shade of purple instead of basically toning the hair, she went back with Parvana's ChromaSilk Vivids, in the purple shade. She still mixed in a pink to make a pink undertone to the purple.




When she applied it to my hair, it took less product to saturate my hair while covering more of my hair.

Peep @ this hair:










 
The end result was this gorgeous purple, that's more vibrant but still within the lilac tones that I originally hoping for. I definitely couldn't do this on my own, but I adore how it's turned out!!!!!



I've never been purple before, but I now love it!!!!








You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors