Hair Shenanigans: Two (Failed) Attempts at Becoming a Cotton Candy Princess

10:41 PM

Yo guys! I recently decided that after lightening my hair, that I should venture bravely into dyeing my hair a bright, cute colour!

I decided to use ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent Creme, in Magenta--mostly because they were on sale at Sally's for 4.79, at the time. 



In hindsight, I should have either a) dyed soon after bleaching with the L'oreal Feria Shimmering Powder or, b) bought and used a protein treatment that's supposed to open the hair "pores" so then bright coloured hair dyed with penetrate and stick the hair shaft better.


I found out this information long afterwards unfortunately, because almost 98% of the dye washed out, despite that I had left it on my hair for over an hour. I did dilute it, and so I should've either not diluted the mixture OR kept it on my hair for say, three or four hours, instead of just one.


So then, after a So after week-ish, I decided to try again. This time around, I used ion Color Brilliance Semi-Permanent Creme, in Flamingo--they were still on sale at Sally's for 4.79!!!


This time, I did not dilute the hair dye with any conditioner and I left the dye on for about two hours total.


The result ended up being a slight rose-gold tint--very nice! I just wish it had lasted longer than a few days, though....



It faded pretty bloody quickly, but looked SO CUTE....!!!!!!

Next time, I will: bleach lighter in preparation, use a different brand, and be sure to not dilute but to leave the dye on for as long as possible, for maximum absorption.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors