Review: Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Cover Bright Fit - Light Beige N02 (First Impressions, Swatch + Demo)

12:04 PM

Hello all!!  I'm going to be going a fairly length review of the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream (Cover & Bright Fit) as I've been testing the BB cream for about two weeks, and have been seeing pretty good results. I thought I'd share the results through the pics I took, for dry/dehydrated and rosacea prone skin. 


I recently shared on my Instagram of my latest eBay haul, including the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream (Cover & Bright Fit), as seen below. I've been testing the BB cream for over a week now and I have to say, I like it a lot. I do want to try the cushion version too, just to see how it compares in a cushion format to the BB cream version.

the rest of my #ebay haul arrived!!! so here's a collective #haul that's basically just etude house stuff ✨✨✨ . etude house #moistfull collagen water jelly #cream - i tried some samples and i fell in love w the gel texture and how light & moisturizing it feels on my face 💦💦💕💕 . @etude_official precious mineral BB cream cover & bright fit (light beige) - was curious af 👀💦💦This one arrived on Sunday so ive already used it twice and so far it works!! 👌🏼✨✨ . @etudehouse_jp proof 10 eye #primer - i needed a new primer but didn't want another tube of UD primer potion bc $$ and mediocre performance 💦💦 . Etude house pink vital water cream 💕💕 . @innisfreeofficial its real squeeze mask black berry 🍇🍇was just curious abt how they are on the skin!! . . . #rasianbeauty #instaskincare #koreanskincare #skincarelover #kbeauty #skincare #makeup #cosme #cosmetics #innisfree #コスメ #スキンケア #韓国スキンケア #購入品 #エチュードハウス #化粧品 #パック #에뛰드하우스 #이니스프리 #스킨케어 #마스크 #팩
A photo posted by 🍑🗑🎀 (@spacedump) on


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

etude house precious mineral bb cream cover bright fit - light beige N02   //  에뛰드 하우스 진주알 맑은 BB크림 커버&브라이트핏 - N02 라이트베이지



ingredients

Water, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Phenyl Trimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Sodium Hyaluronate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Talc, Pearl Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Sanguisorba Officinalis Root Extract, Uncaria Gambir Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Rose Extract, Narcissus Pseudo-Narcissus (Daffodil) Flower Extract, Freesia Refracta Extract, Iris Versicolor Extract, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Extract, Lilium Tigrinum Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Extract, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Beeswax, Sorbitan Olivate, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Triethyl Citrate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Adenosine, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Fragrance



ingredients, korean text (copypasted from Etude House Korea's website, using my trusty, budding Korean skill! Ehehe!)

정제수, 티타늄디옥사이드, 페닐트리메치콘, 사이클로펜타실록산, 디프로필렌글라이콜, 하이드롲네이티드폴리데센, 부틸렌글라이콜, 부틸렌글라이콜디카프릴레이트/디카프레이트, 사이클로헥사실록산, 나이아신아마이드, 소듐클로라이드, 세틸피이지/피피지-101디메치콘, 라우릴피이지-9폴리디메칠실록시에칠디메치콘, 징크옥사이드, 소듐하이알루로네이트, 비스-디글리세릴폴리아실아디페이트-2, 탤크, 진주추출물, 연꽃추출물, 육계추출물, 센티드제라늄추출물, 지유추출물, 아선약추출물, 장미추출물, 나팔수선화추출물, 프리지어추출물, 붓꽃추출물, 쟈스민추출물, 백합추출물, 에델바이스추추물, 에칠헥실팔미테이트, 소르비탄이소스테아레이트, 디스테아디모늄헥토라이트, 폴리글리세릴-4이소스테아레이트, 디메치콘, 세틸디메치콘, 헥실라우레이트, 비즈왁스, 소르비탄올리베이트, 쿼터늄-90벤토나이트, 토코페릴아세테이트, 트리에톡시카프릴릴실란, 트리에칠시트레이트, 하이드로젠디메치콘, 아데노신, 프로필렌카보네이트, 디소듐이디티에이, 페녹시에탄올, 카프릴릴글라이콜, 에칠헥실글리세린, 1,2-헥산디올, 적색산화철, 황색산화철, 흑색산화철, 향료

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Etude House's Precious Mineral BB cream is fairly affordable at about $8 to $12, depending on from where you purchase.  I purchased with my own money, via eBay seller rinishop and paid USD$8.04 at the time, ordering on November 26th. The item arrived on around Dec 12th or so (I forget), and was wrapped snugly in bubblewrap + samples.







I had to do some research and much cross reverencing between some YouTube videos, other bbloggers' reviews and sellers' listings to make sure I had chosen the right finish. Without a doubt, the differences between "blooming", "cotton", "perfect" etc, still mildly confuse me.

This review is of N02 Light Beige, in the "cover & bright fit, which I do hope it to have coverage and to brighten. The product comes in an easy to squeeze tube with a large screw cap, much like standard of other competing brands' BB creams.

Here's a quick picture of the BB cream, swatched on my hand below (left) and blended out (right). The BB cream is creamy, easy to blend and almost milky. You can feel some moisture in the cream too, since it isn't the the "cotton fit" (matte) but the cover bright fit. It does look darker at first glance but once blended out, it seems brighter.

The BB cream dries as a semi-matte, almost satin-y finish. It also does seem to highlight the dryness and the cracks on my hand...💦💦







------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

d e m o

 
expectations & hopes
  • to help cover some redness
  • to not oxidize
  • not appear cake-y later on
  • not be too matte


day 1

Here is my bare face, but freshly washed before I get ready for work. I applied a thin layer of toner and patted it in. I did not apply primer. You can see my redness in full swing! (Excuse the RBF...)


While most BB cream users apply with the fingers and hands, I initially opted for a flat foundation brush to spread the product onto my face. I used a cheap ol' one from e.l.f.. Using my fingers just irks me to no end.

The BB cream has a light scent: it's faintly sweet but not floral. It's like candy but no means overpowering. It's just enough to feel cuter.



I then grabbed a damp beauty blender, to spread the BB cream across my face more evenly than the brush would, and bounced the sponge on my face to help give it a smoother texture at the end.


All patted in (except for my nose)! The coverage is mild but very buildable and so far, doesn't seem to stick to my dry patches and make them stand out even more. The BB cream's texture is creamy, not sticky but also thin, so it's easy to spread across the skin.


My face about 20mins later (below), just before changing and heading out the door, to go to work.

The BB cream has settled a little but I had applied a setting powder and some concealer on my under eyes (which already started to crease!!! yikes...!). If you are oilier, then stay with a setting powder, otherwise use a dewy setting spray for a smoother finish!

Here is my lovely face about 8hrs later, at the end of the work day. I had already started to remove some of my face makeup (left) using Kose's softymo but quickly remembered to snap a photo! The BB cream wore alright throughout the day but faded around my chin--basically where I had applied a setting powder.

The BB cream melted away cleanly with softymo! I followed up with CosRX Low pH cleanser and my face was lookin' fine af.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

day 3

I forgot to take pics for the second day, but here I am on day three of testing this bad boy and I documented the process far better! It's like 6:30am or so, and I was tired!!

For this testing period, I did a minimal skincare routine and allowed time for it to dry. I also applied a thin layer of Too Faced HangoveRx Primer (non-silicone based hydrating primer) and allowed it to dry as well. Focusing on my cheeks and the centre of my face this time, I applied a slightly larger amount of the BB cream to my face and used only the sponge to smooth it across my face. As the photos show, the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream does cover my redness very well.



I did extend some extra BB cream onto my lips (by accident) so cue those ghost #looks ! Ideally, this would even be a good base for even a sheer foundation to layer on top. I definitely see a difference of using a primer underneath, especially one that is not silicone-based.

I also skipped concealer and powder, and went for a setting spray instead.


Final look, after applying the rest of my face (below). Gosh, I'm so tired! Hwaiting!! But good luck aside, the BB cream is my saviour.

Seriously.

I haven't used a BB cream that conceals my redness well enough and makes me a believable shade of white without, y'know....looking like a ghost, stuck in Halloween from 1903, or a tanned ganguro goddess from the late 90s, post-oxidization.




I did not get great photos of myself later in the day, BUT I did sweat a bit. I did not notice any piling, flaking or especially any oxidization. I did only see some caking after being a towrk for a while, on the day that I had applied powder. I think that skipped powder may give better results.

I'm impressed!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

t h o u g h t s
  • concealed redness like a champ
  • did not oxidize!!!!
  • did not cake
  • minimal flaking or piling
  • pleasant scent
  • affordable
  • cute 2 boot

final verdict

Buy it. If you are pale (for specifically this shade) or up to around a olive skin tone (for the other available shades) then I recommend the "cover right fit", especially if you have redness to conceal and do not want to invest in a thick, high pigment foundations and a long routine at this time. If you have a good, clear complexion but just want to brighten, this is for you, too.

I will look to purchase the cushion version of this BB cream fairly soon, to see how they compare. I am super curious!

Thanks for reading~! Merry Christmas!

(Japanese text will be soon)






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors