[Review] Etude House Baby Choux Base (Mint) for pale, Rosacea prone skin 【日本語あり】

11:33 PM

Hello! Today I'm finally reviewing the Etude House Baby Choux Base, in Mint. The tube I have has been a little neglected--it's kind of a hit-and-miss product for me.  Long story short: it's a colour correcting base with a grandma powder scent, one that has completely turned me off the base...and I've buried myself in work....so here we are, months later! (I lie...it's almost been a year later!)

I've been charmed at the potential this base could have on my redness as a color-correcting primer base and it's got a cute princess-y feel to it. Let's take a look at how well this Etude House product really works on my redness prone pale ass face.




Etude House originally released the Baby Choux Base in three colours (Peach, Berry, Mint) back in 2013, but was in a cute, but likely unsanitary jar.  The product was reintroduced some time after that and is currently sold in tube form--more hygienic, but less product.

I originally purchased last summer? from YouRiShop, off of Amazon, for around USD$12 ( at the time). Service was good, fast and I'd definitely purchase from this seller again (I have many times, since.)










My least favourite part of this product is the scent. It has a floral scent, but it's definitely in that "grandma" powder-y category of scent that I tend to avoid.

swatches

Instead of just swatching Baby Choux Base on my hand or arm, I thought I'd swatch directly on my face so you all could see it in action!

Here is my bare face (redness included) for reference. No makeup, no skincare, no nothing:



Here's a glob of the primer on my face. You can see how bad my redness is, at least of how bad it shows in the photos. I have no makeup in these photos, but some light skincare had been previous applied.


On the right side, the primer is blended in--note the green tones turning my redness to the pink tones!! (On the left is bare skin!)


Last photo is of my face (minus my forehead) where the primer has been completely blended.

The key thing is yes, this primer does colour correct. It does! But it often turns my complexion (and redness) to an ashy green-ish grey after applying my foundation or cushion (Western and AB brands, including cushions). It just doesn't work....?

My general advice is that it's best not to apply this product to large areas of the face (cheeks, forehead) but focus it on smaller areas, or use it as a concealer and apply it as a spot treatment type of cover-up for redness, rosacea and other smaller blemishes.


Look at the difference between my face and my forehead!


Final thoughts

The big question: would I purchase again? YES!! 

Despite my annoyances with the scent or the changes in colour to my complexion (them grey tones bruh), I really enjoy changing the intensity of my redness on my face from a pink red to a pale pink--meaning I can freely build a nice looking complexion with my foundation soon afterwards and looking normal! (I really enjoy looking like a normal person...less people will ask you if "you're ok", "are you ill/have a fever" etc....)

There is also no piling with any product that is applied afterwards, which I can greatly appreciate.

See you!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Contributors